Your chance to get involved!

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Admin's Corner » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#160685] Written by: well0524 [24/05/2011, 20:55]

[#160875] Written by: Soltys [30/05/2011, 17:49]
hello there. i love this site and really appreciate what you guys are doing!
now that we have that out of the way, i'd like to throw in my penny :3
i like the current design, there's no point in changing, at all. if you *really* want to mess with
something. change 1 tiny detail every month and make a contest entailing spotting it!
there is something i'd reall like to see though....
a feature for the addicted, yet lazy:
i have seen probably over 40 series now. i usually start my search for a new one when i exhaust the
backlog of old episodes (i like to start a series when it already has 3-4 seasons, for obvious, nolife
reasons) and i ask around, check for the popular ones... but i do appreciate that a lot of good, old
series,are partly forgotten, since they ended.

could you imagine a function like this: you type in (or are asked) about the series you already watched
and liked, and it would suggest similar ones? could be done by tags, and some kind of rating system.
for example if the questionnaire determined i like sci-fi, space ships, special effects, (etc), it could
suggest stargate, farscape, firefly. (whereas if i left out the space ships.. it would suggest fringe)

that, or:

imagine a list of all shows you have. and next to them there would be a range of buttons. the list
would start off empty, but if you pressed "sci-fi" all shows with that tag would emerge. then if you
pressed "comedy", some shows that are sci-fi, but a bit more sombre, would vanish from the list. you
could add all sorts of tags, and people could choose something the like that way

but well. i'm a lazy sod, and when i see that huge ass list you have, i am discouraged from reading
descriptions one by one x)

cheers. and hope this helps!
[#160883] Written by: BlueCollarCritic [30/05/2011, 21:08]
for what its worth, whether yo agree/disagree with his political leanings or like/dislike him
personally one of the most highly visited site now and for many years is also one with a super
simple design that has not changed since it first went up over 10 years ago and that's drudge's
drudge report.

for a site that is as old a style as style gets its traffic is ultra high. i'm not suggesting you
match that style only that remembering that less is more. the best you can do is to make sure
your pages load as fast as possible and that means less graphics.

anyway, keep up the awesome job you've been doing.

bcc (blue collar critic)
[#160902] Written by: Krepta3000 [31/05/2011, 02:05]
well, i didn't like the extreme brightness of the white setup of this site, so i've been using
stylish for firefox for a while to change how this site looks. it is easy for people to create
custom css for any website, and upload them. so, i got one especially for eztv.it and have been
using it ever since. not all css work well with all websites, but there are some really good ones.
http://userstyles.org/stylish/

i'm also no good at all at website design. i had such a hard time with that in school. i can fix
code that is broken, i can put systems through their paces, but design is not my forte. good luck
creating a new look for the site, i hope it works out well. very excited to see what you come up
with.
[#161587] Written by: mofle [10/06/2011, 12:22]
hi. i've created a new cleaner style for eztv if anyones interested.

screenshot: http://snapplr.com/hmgv

css: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71884/persistent/eztv.css

enjoy
[#161901] Written by: Anubis_Seth [16/06/2011, 19:28]
hi i have the first 3 seasons of friends in hd 720p quality.

no not upscalled, actual wide screen, not stretched, episodes.

how can i upload them to your website? or how can i send you the torrent files for posting on
your website????

i can only upload one episode and seed it per day as my upload is only 1 mbps.

thanks
[#162119] Written by: antstorm [21/06/2011, 00:14]
i love the page , its fresh and clean , the only thing i would like to see added is something similar to
showrss where we can auto add all our favourite shows into one unified list and let utorrent dl it , instead
of having to add them individually , im sure the more tech savvy can already do this , but not everyone
can
[#162915] Written by: Shively [05/07/2011, 23:09]
i think a system of giving props to people who share would be nice. also would like to maybe see a penis system where
we could maybe buy eztv logo items like shirts, cups mugs etc.
[#162944] Written by: Sikkunt69 [06/07/2011, 08:33]
can i get a private mail to my account from on of the admins?
[#163461] Written by: heavytale [15/07/2011, 12:17]
is there a way to fix filter in showlist, like an category.
split shows in like comedy, action, fantasy etc..

ty for a good site thought
[#163833] Written by: curly_racks [21/07/2011, 18:44]
good news and bad news. i signed up for hbo from comcast. i can use my tivo premiere to record all
kinds of great shows but then the bad news comes. kmttg cannot pull these as they display a no
smoking type sign and are record once/non-transferable recording thanks to comcast. i have done a
ton of googling and the only solution i am finding is an analog conversion method. it looks like i
can spend either $10 for some av to usb cables and hope the work with windows 7 or shell out some
clams $200 plus for a happauge type converter pvr device.

any suggestions? i would love to share some great content but am at a loss on how to get it off my tivo.

how do all the true blood torrents get on here? does comcast just suck so bad they want to control
the world or what???

thanks for any links or suggestions.....
[#163956] Written by: nixygirl [24/07/2011, 06:02]
is there any chance you guys could consider posting nzb files also, for those usenet users also?

just askin

luvs nix
[#164073] Written by: shadyplace [25/07/2011, 15:16]
dear eztv.it responsibles,

concerning you advertisement
''do you want to help seed? we are always looking for new seeders who can sustain 10mbit and/or higher
upload speeds!

if you think you would be able to help seed at least five new torrents a day, likes the thought of receiving
the shows
before everyone else while giving back to the community, and have some free time - please stop by our
irc channel and contact an op.''

i would love to offer you my help to seeding.. i have an internet speed with 5mb/s download speed & 10mb
upload speed. if you think that i could offer any help, i would be pleased to do it..

best regards

shady
[#164092] Written by: grego6062 [25/07/2011, 21:52]
hi all,
is it still possible to get 24hrs season's 3,4,5 anywhere to download. i tried but did not have much luck.

thanks grego
[#164147] Written by: 008space [26/07/2011, 14:42]
i agree with kickoff3pm that there could be a favourites section/box that could show different info
about your favourite shows and could only be used by registered users to help registration count.

there are not many sites that have that personal touch to them ( can you think of many? ) and
it could be as diverse as you like to include related and upcoming shows and how many days left many
other typical stats that are already in use..

anyway...amazing site and philosophy...keep it up

ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]