TV Packs only

Real Media? Click Here!

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Admin's Corner » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#181155] Written by: GeoffreyT [02/04/2012, 00:07]
lol - i confess, it got me - hook, line and sinker. i thought "hang on - i must have missed some
recent news on the rm codec."

that said, it's the afternoon of april 2nd here in the civilised world (australia); under our protocols, if
you try to make a joke after midday on april 1, your mates are allowed to give you a dead-arm
(which is achieved by a nice hard knuckle-punch in the upper arm where the medial delt and the
triceps overlap).

luckily i mostly use eztv to establish whether or not something's up yet - then i go get it in
usenext. much faster.
[#181161] Written by: esign [02/04/2012, 00:24]
actually a pretty decent april fools day joke. the fact that people are eager to get a response from
eztv regarding the format debate, helps with the fooling part of the joke. among some, it probably
doesn't help with the laughing part, though. quality wise, real media isn't that outrageous, and
might suit some users better than x264/mp4. i guess some realism is a necessary part of the joke. of
course, policy wise, real media is utterly absurd.

the video plays perfectly in vlc, btw, as well as mpc. while i haven't tested it, it should play in
all players that can handle x264/mp4. 3gp isn't actually a real media format; it's a
format/container for x264. though developed for mobile devices, it makes no real difference. for all
relevant purposes in this context, it's indistinguishable from *.mp4. no need for new torrents.
[#181164] Written by: mechfishy [02/04/2012, 00:30]
must be either time to replace my phillips dvd player with whatever player will play this format, or take
the time to convert to .avi, with reduced quality due to conversion. so, does anybody know which
inexpensive dvd players will play this file format, and also play .mp4, and .avi, and whatever someone
else might decide to arbitrarily chose to encode videos in. it's simple enough to play these on a
computer. but my mother is pretty old fashioned, and had a really hard time accepting that not all
dvd's are just dvd's.
[#181179] Written by: walterjnr [02/04/2012, 01:11]
thanks for wasting my bandwidth. goodbye eztv.
[#181181] Written by: FreeRyde [02/04/2012, 01:20]
had me worried for a moment, 'what now?'.... the 'scene' change utilizes less bandwidth and is
streaming fine with mezzmo.

i forgot it was april 1st.
good one!
[#181208] Written by: BoonesFerry [02/04/2012, 03:05]

caused quite a stir with some folk.

how dare you do what you want on your own website. i'm leaving and never coming back.

lmfao!

[#181210] Written by: ivex321 [02/04/2012, 03:15]
inform yourself people, mp4 is just a "container" for all the "garbage" you can put in.
here is the link for official list, look at iso, that is international standards org.
http://www.mp4ra.org/codecs.html , all of this you can put in a mp4 stream and any decent player on a
personal computer will play it.

i swore by avi until i stumbled upon mp4box, man, avi puts loads of junk when muxing audio and
video, i just couldn't believe when i muxed to mp4 and resulting file was actually smaller than
components...not going to details why, check it out.

real joke would be to put avi instead of mp4 file and announce that all is going back to normal junk
:-).

prvi april li-li-li

goodbye folks!
[#181214] Written by: Machieru [02/04/2012, 03:24]
fooled me! :d
[#181217] Written by: aussiedroid [02/04/2012, 03:51]
please also release mkv versions. these play the best, have best quality and are the most versitile
from my experience.

rm i havent touched for a while because of issue with these files dating back over a decade. sure
they might be good for mobile devices but not everyone needs this and besides just about everything
plays mkvs.

appreciate you are trying to progress things, but hope i dont have to go else where to find the file
formats i want. eztv will just become a list site confirming releases at that point for me and i
would then grab elsewhere.

why not have rm for the sd releases and mkv for the hd releases?? or release both version.

i will wait and see i guess ... otherwise go elsewhere and say thanks for all the fish....

[#181232] Written by: Imperor [02/04/2012, 05:01]
so what do i do now with the garbage i downloaded. can you answer now for fucks sake? are they just
renamed or what? i keep my files of certain shows and prefer correct names and extensions. do i have
to go elsewhere for this for the first time in years?
not funny, just annoying as fuck... (you could have renamed the torrents but not the files for
instance).
[#181234] Written by: quixotic [02/04/2012, 05:05]
downloaded twice now to find the second ones are also 3gp. my media player can't play this shit, and
changing the file names does not work. it's not fucking funny at all.
[#181236] Written by: SoulJah [02/04/2012, 05:15]
hahaha funny stuff... i always love the eztv april fools joke!

as for changing the file extension, didnt even need to do that it worked perfectly as is!
lol at all the whiners.....

long live eztv!
[#181244] Written by: murdrum [02/04/2012, 05:37]
this was a good april fools prank and epic troll.

too bad heaps of stupid people don't understand how simple it is to reverse and had to rage everywhere.

thanks eztv
[#181252] Written by: esign [02/04/2012, 06:27]
eztv, thanks for the joke! when people continue falling for it, even after others have pointed out
the joke, you know it's a success! it was fun to see some of those who have ridiculed the xvid crowd
start bawling like babies at the prospect at not getting the format of their own choice. also fun
was seeing utterly confused people try to maintain the air of knowing what the hell they're talking
about.

for the complainers: come on! it was a joke, and no harm was done in any way. the files play
perfectly well as they are, unless you use a really shitty player. the content, and thus quality, is
exactly the same. if you're anal, most torrent clients will allow you to rename files locally,
without affecting your seeding. just slap on an mp4 (or mkv) extension, problem solved. if your
player can't play it when the extension is changed back, then it wouldn't have played the file
regardless, and eztv's april fools' joke has nothing to do with it.

get this: the content is exactly the same, eztv only changed the extension, which you can reverse,
resulting in exactly the same file you would've downloaded if april fools' day hadn't fallen on a
sunday this year.

aussiedroid: what's wrong with you? a format "dating back over a decade" isn't an issue. i know, i
should be used to that sort of bs from ignorants by now, but it still annoys me. there's only one
issue for technology: serving the purpose in the best way. if it does that, then only an idiot will
think that the age of the technology is an issue. the real media container (.rm) allows h.264 based
codecs, and can deliver the same quality as x264. the actual issue with real media is that it's
insanely proprietary, with built in limitations.

mkv and mp4 are also just containers. there are some few differences between them, making mkv
marginally preferable for some purposes, but their significance is minuscule. as there's no
re-encoding involved, you can easily and quickly convert from one to another, if you want. however,
for the purpose of watching a tv episode, it makes no sense at all.
[#181262] Written by: NeoRocket [02/04/2012, 07:42]
ah don' care whew yew are. thet thar's funny!
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]