[ Forum » Admin's Corner » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#185638] Written by: tfeserver [01/07/2012, 06:43]
yay, my mirror http://eztv.ptain.info/ is up o/
[#185794] Written by: Badgerz [05/07/2012, 12:58]
tfeserver. perfect replacment! thanks! -
http://eztv.ptain.info/cgi-bin/eztv.pl?id=index&name=latest%20releases
[#185843] Written by: Bill1426 [06/07/2012, 13:59]
i just looked at your site (http://eztv.ptain.info/cgi-bin/eztv.pl?id=index&name=latest%20releases) ,
and the latest show is from 6/30/12 (30/06/12).. nothing newer..
it might be eztv, cause i had a very hard time getting the site to load, let alone getting to this
forum..

update:
now that eztv is working (for now).. your site is up-to-date.. so it must be the connection to eztv
that is the issue... sorry..
[#185846] Written by: magao [06/07/2012, 17:49]
Quote by bill1426
now that eztv is working (for now).. your site is up-to-date.. so it must be the connection
to eztv that is the issue...

the biggest advantage to me of my aggregate feed (and the reason i created it in the first place) is that it
doesn't rely on just the eztv website or rss feed, but also the other locations that eztv uploads their
torrent links to: twitter and the pirate bay. so unless all of them go down (or the eztv uploader fails) i
still get my torrents. since it's all hosted on google infrastructure it's also less likely to get overloaded.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/eztv-rss-atom-feeds?format=xml

the disadvantage is that i get multiple copies of the same file filling the feed. the corresponding advantage
though is i get links to redundant servers (+ magnet links from tpb), so that cancels out.

judging from the uptick in users of it since june 25 i'm guessing the recent eztv instability has prompted
more people to try it out. i'm really happy that other people are finding it useful.
[#185914] Written by: sasha81 [09/07/2012, 04:46]
rss seems to be back up again generally now (i got true blood 5.05 in my feed today, for example) but
the problem i posted a couple of weeks ago still exists. repeated here:
Quote by sasha81
in the last 3-4 weeks my latest rss episodes won't download as i get "unable to load
[url] connection
closed by peer". e.g. the last couple of episodes of game of thrones season 2 and the first couple of
episodes of true blood season 5. does anyone know what might be causing this?

i can download from the magnet link on the site just fine, but it rather spoils the usefulness of my
automatic rss downloads.

any ideas, anyone? it's a bit of a pain.
[#185920] Written by: hoddi1 [09/07/2012, 08:05]
yes sasha81 i to have the same problem the rss feed is not working here.
as you say we can get the magnet links through the site.
[#186067] Written by: zouhair [12/07/2012, 00:57]
this site is awesome and you guys giving rss feeds are also awesome.

thanks to all.
[#186181] Written by: quantised [14/07/2012, 23:48]
Quote by badgerz
tfeserver. perfect replacment! thanks! -
http://eztv.ptain.info/cgi-bin/eztv.pl?id=index&name=latest%20releases

thanks a lot for providing us a mirror.
[#186246] Written by: myminpins [16/07/2012, 12:03]
thank you all so much for providing alternate ways of getting the rss feed!!!!
[#186328] Written by: symbolicdeathwish [18/07/2012, 02:01]
Quote by bk7777
novaking,

first of all i want to thank you for the ezrss.it and eztv websites. i have been using them for
years and my family has received much joy from them. it is to the point that we almost never have
our dish turned on. we just watch the shows that have download via the rss feeds.

now i do not follow the forums much as it seems to be to hard to get answers or at lease understand
that a response was directed at me. call me old school i like directed conversations i.e. phone
calls or e-mails.

please let me know if i am doing something wrong or need to make adjustment to my setup.

i have been a user of miro for 4 years now and it has served us well. i still have channels setup
that are as old as the initial install of miro. my initial os was win xp but upgraded computers and
now run ubuntu again still using miro as my client.

everything was great and i could expect to receive my many shows on a weekly bases. realizing many
shows are on summer break, there are many that started up this past month or even new shows that
we
have come to enjoy i.e. combat hospital and necessary roughness. to use these as examples i have
setup the feeds but rss does not seem to be getting updated. i have to keep coming to eztv to
manually download the shows via transmission.

here is my question can you tell me why "quality of service" as it relates to getting my feeds
updated has gone from 95% or better to a lousy hit or mostly miss of maybe 20%? this has been going
on for 60 to 90 days now.

my current solution is to check eztv daily and manually download the show that the rss feeds are not
getting updated. needless to say that has gotten old real quick.

i am open to suggestions if the problem is on my side as to how to fix or maybe a different approach
to getting my channel feeds. however it is easy to see by example of how the feeds are not
updating. you can use necessary roughness on ezrss as a simple example of not updating.

thank you again for you hard work, as the service you provide is fantastic.

brian

ungreatful much?
[#186394] Written by: Dawter [19/07/2012, 19:33]
i'm searching and cannot see how to find a tv show's rss feed's url.
when i click on [rss] i get this page:

"error 503 - service unavailable

the server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity
problems.
please try again later."

not to be a dunce or anything but is this the page i need to go to to get a rss feed's url?
if it's the correct page, my apologies for troubling anyone, but it's been showing this for a week
or so now.

if it's not the right page, could someone point me to the right page? i'd like to add some tv show
feeds to utorrent.

thank you so much for any help you can give me.
[#186395] Written by: hoddi1 [19/07/2012, 22:29]
Quote by dawter

the server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity
problems.
please try again later."

not to be a dunce or anything but is this the page i need to go to to get a rss feed's url?
if it's the correct page, my apologies for troubling anyone, but it's been showing this for a week
or so now.

if it's not the right page, could someone point me to the right page? i'd like to add some tv show
feeds to utorrent.

thank you so much for any help you can give me.

yes from what i understand your right we are all feeling the pain but we have to wait for the site
owner to repair it.
until then we can still get the shows we need directly from the site.
i hope this helps in some small way...
[#186404] Written by: magao [20/07/2012, 07:15]
Quote by hoddi1
Quote by dawter

problems.
please try again later."

yes from what i understand your right we are all feeling the pain but we have to wait for the site
owner to repair it.
until then we can still get the shows we need directly from the site.
i hope this helps in some small way...

or you can use one of the alternative feeds that are provided in this thread (look further up this very page
...). i don't even notice when the eztv rss feed goes down any more.
[#186461] Written by: moulip [22/07/2012, 13:24]
Quote by tfeserver
yay, my mirror http://eztv.ptain.info/ is up o/

the rss does not work anymore from your mirror too

[#186481] Written by: tfeserver [23/07/2012, 00:36]
http://eztv.ptain.info looks ok from here.

latest release is "weeds s08e04 720p hdtv x264-evolve" wich is the same as in "eztv.it".
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]