eztv.tf | eztvstatus.org
Search title:  
TV Packs only

Not able to connect to trackers/dht and unable to get shows?

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Admin's Corner » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#161297] Written by: BobGod8 [06/06/2011, 11:04]
well i have utorrent 2.21 too, and it doesn't work. there's more to this that's not getting explained; according to everything
i can test, my tcp and udp listen ports are open (including using pfportchecker, which tests locally instead of remotely),
and i still can't connect to any of the eztv udp trackers. be nice if somewhere there were troubleshooting instructions.
[#161313] Written by: trl_path [06/06/2011, 17:00]
i'm having problems with the udp trackers and my software firewall (f-secure) does the "80" refer to
a port i should open? and if so is that a responder or initiator port?

any help much appreciated!
[#161399] Written by: crassius [07/06/2011, 11:29]
big daddy king. thanks for your efforts with eztv and anyone else in your entourage. i know nothing
about ip, but i always understood udp to send a red flag to isp's. why set something in motion that
could further fuel the arsenal of anti-p2p? have you switched to the dark side of the force? i cant
put any filters up. i have to dload naked for the most part now. can you please shed some light to
my ignorance in a logical and coherent manner for the people who dont know what to do?
[#161495] Written by: oxynorman [08/06/2011, 18:25]
i've had the same problem as all y
[#161536] Written by: halfchaos [09/06/2011, 11:14]
Quote by scifi3001

i used the word uneducated, not as a sign of stupidity, but as a sign or they haven't learned yet . .

we all started with no knowledge. we all went out and learned how to do stuff. each time i change
router or client or os etc i have to learn how to use them. until i do i am uneducated

i suppose for a more generalized term i should have used the word 'inexperienced' but then someone
else will take offense to that word also

as i stated in either this or another thread, i hadn't used my bittorrent client for a few years
and wanted to see what the problem was with eztv torrents that everyone was complaining about. i put
a cpl in my client, and was maxing out my connection within minutes. so yes, my client/pc/router
were all set up correctly years ago but i also had to learn how to do that; there are help pages on
all the clients' home pages, there is router specific help at portforward.com these and many other
sites have step by step tutorials for everything, individually explaining to every person what has
already been written many times would be a a waste.

fixed.

speaking of learning how to do things, maybe you could learn how to use a spellchecker and take some
english classes so you don't post a run on sentence like someone uneducated and inexperienced aka an
idiot. see the difference between me posting now and you then is that i actually just told you what
you should be doing instead of just posting a wall text rant about how you and most other people
speak really bad english.

alternatively you could just not post in english at all and ultimately quit the internet.

not fun being treated like an idiot, is it? oh but i guess this is where you ban or moderate me to
defend that growing ego of yours. go for it, tough guy.

eztv is useless.

[#161537] Written by: BobGod8 [09/06/2011, 11:18]
doesn't work for me, in addition to the udp trackers that i've already stated don't work, i get 2 additional trackers...that
don't respond

http://trackers.hexgon.cc:2710/announce a socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host
http://tracker.thepiratebay.org/announce no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

anyone with some actual solutions?
[#161717] Written by: InteligentCoward [13/06/2011, 08:53]
i did some pounding on this problem over the weekend, it only just started being a problem for me a couple of days ago,
and i found out something. it wasn't my client or my firewall settings that was the problem, it was the firewall itself.

first let me explain
i use vuze with the mainline dht plugin so i actually have 2 differnt dht systems in my client listening on 2 diffrent
ports, a tcp and udp of 5xxxx and 49001(for the mainline dht).
i use dhcp but my firewall locks the assigned ip to the mac address
i have the listening (and all other vuze related ports) port forwarded correctly
my client is up to date and so is my firewall.

you may notice i am saying firewall instead of router. that is because i am using one of the smoothwall firewalls. it
doesn't support ipv6 yet and now it appearently does not like your implimentation of udp whereas it hasn't been an issue
in the past. there were extended periods on the second last time i installed vuze where setting it up late at night up sick
i accidentally set it to only use udp.

i finally decided to try running vuze on a ubuntu box i threw together to test it and put it naked on the net with no
firewall to protect it but the exact same settings profile i had on my other machine and it worked. so i switched the
cables at the switch and put my torrent box on the open net and the ubuntu box behind the firewall and the same things
happened

behind firewall it is "firewalled" and on the open net it works just fine and isn't firewalled.

my only other solution is that it might be the ooooooooold switch i am using until i can spring for a good sized gigabit one
for my network.

hope this helps, but for now i think i am just going to have my naked ubuntu box (why does that just sound wrong) until
smoothwall smartens up, i get a new firewall that works with your udp solution, or my new switch magically shows up
way ahead of schedule.

i know this isn't a solution most people can do safely, but if you can it may help for now.

oh, and novaking, thanks for the hard work, putting up with the complaints and not getting enough appreciation for when
everything works right.

update:

i have also found that the p4p plugin to help make isps and p2p work better together and download faster for the user
seems to be cutting your file transfer speeds for me by 2/3 and everything is fine and back to normal. unfortunately this
didn't fix the firewall problem (damnation!!). just go into plugins under your options and there is a checkbox to disable it.
hope it gets fixed soon too though, though i don't plan on holding my breath.
[#162082] Written by: BobGod8 [20/06/2011, 14:22]
still looking...utorrent 2.2.1...never connects to the eztv udp trackers. no firewall, only a router with ports tested and
verified as properly forwarding. even utorrent reports all green, just never connects to the udp trackers.
[#162169] Written by: phoenix79 [22/06/2011, 01:28]
according to http://www.websitenotworking.com/tracker.openbittorrent.com the torrent is down. i am
surprised that there hasn't been more commotion about this since it is now very hard to get files.

using http://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce as a substitute tracker has helped, but not on
everything.
[#162192] Written by: BobGod8 [22/06/2011, 08:58]
site tracker publicbt is down for everyone

it is not just you.

uhuh. nevermind this is about udp trackers.
[#162216] Written by: phoenix79 [22/06/2011, 22:56]
good call bob. yet i have been downloading with torrents for many years and now i cannot download
any torrent using openbittorrent. any ideas.
[#162271] Written by: frontliner [23/06/2011, 23:24]
what i've found is that as soon as i change my port, all dht torrents start to work.
[#162436] Written by: riandaro [27/06/2011, 01:10]
i'm not dogging the site for it's move, even though they had a responsibility to let their users
know of the move, just stop using eztv. switch to demonoid, solved all my problems. it works better
and faster with all clients as well as no nasty letters from your isp provider about downloading
come back and say "or maybe there are" when you get one{i know people have gotten them from
demonoid&tvtorrents&bitmetv}
i will thank eztv for the years of use i did get, so thanks and see ya never.
[#162527] Written by: djdark [28/06/2011, 01:52]
all i like to no is this is only happend in within the last week was all fine wen i click any of
link and the torrent im after downloads now it dont and i get a red arrow in my client
that ive been using for a while now as well as eztv ive been using for ages tooo all i get is
torrent off line or invalid or timed out

jsut want to no if i need to change my client update uit or any thing i dont no the tecnical
gargen on the settigns and stuff just a simple get this in stall click lin and download and seed
is all im after

can you advise me then im using utorrent 1.85 have been since it came out and not up dated since
but every link in cluding the mag link at the end of the list of d/l links all dont want
to work
and i dont perticaly want to go eelse were for my programs i like to get from here
as here lists wot i want and provide better detailed info than any other site
from news and wen its comming out and the help from stafff too

please help thank s
[#162528] Written by: tipwel [28/06/2011, 01:54]
there seems to be a problem with the magnet links, to put it simply: they dont work most if not all of the
time. i dont know why. it seems fishy because the same tracker with tpb link work...
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]