TV Packs only

Sanctuary US S03E05 Hero II HDTV XviD-FQM

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#146344] Written by: heretician [13/11/2010, 00:38]
please tell me this continues with the story of *one* of my favorite characters, nikolai tesla.

is there anyone else who enjoys this actor and the character he is portraying? i liked him better in
the previous seasons more when he was creating the rehab and what not, but i love that he has
returned. soh happy.

and also, i'd like to here from the critics if anyone is going to reply -- my chances are it will be
those with views that veto my own; i invite you! what do you not like of the actor or the character
he is portraying? i know nikolai tesla was probably not even a percentage of an amount in terms of
personality like he is being portrayed in sanctuary... but would it not be cooler if he was?

after my 150+ downloads finished, i'm going to do some research on the actor and tesla and see if
sanctuary actually used any sort of historian or expert to help the portrayal of dr. tesla, it would
be a relief to know that tesla was in real life always having a hidden agenda and even though we all
know he was ahead of his time; was he as eccentric as portrayed? (rhetorical!)

i believe this may be my first post on eztv.. first time i found a reason to post. i seed every
download at 175% and then utorrent automatically stops seeding, so i seed 75% more total gigabytes
than i leech. i learned from my membership in private trackers (which seem to now have little use,
even my long term membership at demonoid has been unused as of late after tpb/bt/eztv having
everything that my private trackers have, and then some. i did my time as a ripper for a scene, did
my time as an administrator for a private tracker website (forum/article/comment admin) and i'm
actually looking to volunteer for another website that has a new spin on the hundreds of "secret
invite only we-are-so-cool trackers" - i may go looking! *wink*

regards!
heretic
[#146347] Written by: Teslaman [13/11/2010, 01:37]
i for one can absolutely not stand their portrayal of tesla. always been a big fan of tesla, since
about '98 or so, hence my username... wrote a paper on him in school etc, so no....sanctuary's
character of tesla was nothing like him, tesla was a much, much better person in my opinion. more
noble. this tesla is 100% made for tv.

i guess what bothers me most about how they portray him, is that the real tesla isn't well known
enough by everyone even today, so that everyone would know this is just a poor imitation of the real
man. plus it totally belittles his struggle against the greed of lesser men throughout his life, the price he
payed for being so far beyond his years and his sad death. he would be beyond us even today, given
the chance. anywho.... back to the show!
[#146364] Written by: cydonia7 [13/11/2010, 14:19]
i agree, the tesla character is great fun to watch and is one of my favorite characters on sanctuary.

as a long time reader of history and science in general and the real tesla in particular, i have to
admit that the character and the real person are very different (night and day different in so many
ways). can make it a bit difficult to watch science fiction at times without making sure i have
firmly suspended my disbelief and just enjoy the show/story/special effects for what they are -
wonderful entertainment.

btw, the real nikola tesla is an incredibly interesting person to read about. if interested, try
starting with wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/nikola_tesla
[#146427] Written by: cryospark [15/11/2010, 09:50]
now how could they manage to not nail the personality of the eclectic tesla as a vampire, outrageous
right
[#147714] Written by: meixente [02/12/2010, 10:47]
thanks eztv
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]